payrollwebs: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
Jun 11 2019 at 11:23pm
QuickBooks is accounting software which is used to keep track of the day to day business transactions constantly. This software helps the users in managing sales and tracking the expenses that are taking place. While being easy to use, this software also has a very instinctive design. This software is a highly efficient software for those offering freelance work as well as self-employed individuals. QuickBooks provides the users with multiple solutions which can be used for almost every business type. Despite the efficiency that this software provides, there are certain issues which the users face. One similar issue is when the users come across the ‘Abort Error.’ The users can read this complete blog to understand the error; they can also have the option of connecting with QuickBooks Helpline Number.
What is the QuickBooks Abort Error?
The error of QuickBooks abort is when the software is unable to process any further and crashes while saving the changes made to the company files. This is the issue where the software is asking the users to abort the ongoing transaction and to restart the software. This issue usually takes place when the QBWUSER.ini file has been damaged.
Causes of Abort error in QuickBooks?
There are several reasons for the Abort error to occur in QuickBooks software. Some of the most common reasons have been listed below for your reference:
• When the QBWUSER.ini file has been damaged or missing.
• When there is some issue with the hardware or when the Windows is damaged.
• When the firewall and antivirus installed in your system is causing a malfunction with the process of QuickBooks.
• When the configuration of different versions of QuickBooks clash within the multi-user setup.
• When multiple computers are hosting the QuickBooks company file.
• When the sleep mode or hibernation mode is turned on while the system is saving the company file.
• When there is a disruption between the flow of data between devices storing the files.
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks abort error
Solution 1: Download and run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
The users would have to download and install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool. This tool would then analyze and highlight the faulty windows components and would also fix the problems. Once you have successfully downloaded the tool and run it, you would have to restart your system then. This would help you in solving the problem easily.
Solution 2: Try disabling your Anti-Virus application as well as your Windows Firewall
There are chances that the antivirus software or the windows firewall on your system would be causing the malfunction. In such a situation, the users would then have to alter the settings on your system. Once you have made these changes, you can then restart your system to make sure that the changes have been saved.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
The users can utilize this method if they are unable to open their company file stored in the network location. The steps that you would have to trail are:
• Locate the folder where you have the QBWUSER.ini file stored. If you are unable to find the file, you must understand that the file has been hidden.
• You can now enable the hidden file, and you would now be able to find the required file.
• Now you would have to right click on the file or folder and choose the option of Rename.
• Further, change the name of the file by adding something like .old at the end of the file.
• You would also have to change the name of the .ecml file, which is known as an Entitlement data store to ‘Entitlement Data Store.ecml.”
• Once you have changed the names of the files mentioned above, simply open a company file. If you find you can open, copy and paste it on another local folder
Solution 4: Restore QuickBooks from the Backup
If you are not able to solve this issue using the steps given above, then you would have to try and restore QuickBooks from your system’s Backup. In most of the cases, you would be able to solve the root cause of QuickBooks Abort error.
If you find any more issues in solving this error, then the best option that you would have is to connect with QuickBooks Payroll Contact Number. They would provide you with the most efficient and effective solution for the problem that you are facing.
Source URL:- payrollwebs.withtank.com/quickbooks-support/